Saturday, March 07, 2009

Watchmen et al


I haven't had much to say lately. I have not been feeling well and haven't had the time to write anything interesting.

Bob and I went to see Watchmen, twice. First we saw it at midnight Thursday night. It was over at 5 minutes to 3 in the morning. Then we had to get up with the kids at 6:30 am. Two of the kids ended up staying home sick (which seems to happen every time we take off from work). We met up with two friends to see Watchmen at 10 am. I saw new things the second time we saw it. I don't think I am going to see a movie at midnight again, because it is a pain to get up early afterward.

Watchmen movie is awesome! But it is long. I don't know how well it will do at the box office long term, because mostly comic book fans and adventure fans are going to watch it.

There are only a few slight differences from the book, but nothing too major (for example: Laurie does not smoke in the movie). I am supposed to take my sons this weekend, but I don't know if I will take the thirteen-year-old. It is extremely violent, which is more shocking in the video format than in the comic. I can't wait to watch the Black Freighter. I missed having it in the movie.

No comments: