Monday, July 28, 2008

Found my Camera!

Yeah! I found my camera this past weekend. It was in the couch. Not under a couch cushion. Not down the side of the couch. But somehow down the corner of the couch where the arm rest meets the back. I was thrilled, of course!

My oldest son, Bobby, and I made our first video blog. (And it may be our last!) We took about 20 minutes of video. I uploaded it to my computer. That took about 10 minutes. Then, I cut it into smaller chunks and exported those chunks into wmv format (the default for my camera is Quicktime). I used Windows Movie Maker to cut those pieces up even more, add text, etc. Then, it had to be converted to wmv format again (Windows Movie Maker saves it as a project). All told, we spent between 3 and 4 hours to produce a 4 minute video. That's a lot of work, when you are not getting paid for it! All of those format conversions took their toll on the video. There are black spots, text is out of sync, etc.

It was kind of fun, though. But I don't know if I will do it again. Straight video is easier. And, after all, I am not a video professional.

Here's the video, if you are interested.


1 comment:

kaycee said...

glad you found your camera! i'll be lost without mine!!
and all those video converting stuff sure sounds like hard work...