Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Ready or Not! Here Comes Summer...

Yep, it's that time of year again. My middle son finished school on Friday, my oldest is off today (he has no finals today-high school) and has a half-day tomorrow, and my youngest has his last full day today, then two half-days. Tomorrow night, my youngest "graduates" from elementary school. Meanwhile, I have had to take a leave of absence from work, because I have been falling asleep while driving. (I have an appointment at the sleep clinic this week.) I hope they can fix me up, because we really need my income.

So, today is one of those quiet, boring days, where my oldest is bored and trying to find something interesting to do. This is the way it is all summer, every summer, for him. I hope he gets a job soon, to occupy his time. He has been applying for jobs for months and has not been hired yet. He really wants to work at McDonald's, because it is relatively close to home. In a couple hours, I'm going to take him to Burger King to apply for a job.

My husband sleeps all day, because he works at night. I am somewhat worried that, when I do go back to work, the kids will wake him up too much during the day. Oh well, there's always something.

No comments: