Friday, August 22, 2008

Movie Talk: Summer of Movies

Yes, this has been a fantastic summer for movies! Dark Knight, Tropic Thunder, Pineapple Express, Iron Man! Awesome. Personally, I found Dark Knight to be the best. The acting was superb. Heath Ledger played the Joker straight out of Killing Joke with a few twists of his own. Bravo! Aaron Eckhart and Gary Oldman did very well in their roles. My favorite parts of the movie were when the truck flipped end-over-end and the nurse. :) I saw Dark Knight 3 times in the theater, and I would like to see it again, but in IMAX. It was filmed (or at least many of the scenes were) specifically for IMAX.

Tropic Thunder is Hil-aaaarrrr-ious! I've seen it twice, first with my husband and my oldest son, second time I took the two other sons. Tom Cruise is a comedy surprise. He plays Les Grossman, the movie studio exec. A balding, hairy man with gigantic hands and forearms. His dance cracks me up!

Opening this weekend: Death Race and House Bunny. House Bunny looks like it could be funny, but I will wait for video. I keep going back and forth on Death Race. OK, it is a stupid story, IMO, but the driving and effects would be cool on the big screen.

No comments: