Thursday, August 25, 2005

Sucky Movies this Summer

Why are there so many sucky movies this summer. It is hard to get excited about any of them. Some of them I would like to see (like I would really like to see The 40 Year Old Virgin), but most of them look like junk. What's up with that? DH and I saw Four Brothers this week. It was pretty good, but not great. Still, it was better than just about anything else there was available (except 40 Year Old Virgin, but DS didn't want to see that!).

Well, at least there are some good movies to look forward to this fall and winter, such as Harry Potter, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, Transporter 2, Domino, Aeon Flux, King Kong.

Some movies I want to see, but are not as good: Doom, The Fog, Saw 2, Zathura.

Oh, and are they going to mess up The DaVinci Code? I don't want to see it if they change the whole plot. The book is an interesting story, though not the best writing and certainly not an original idea. It is a fun mystery. The only part I found objectionable was the inclusion of and malignment of an actual Catholic group, Opus Dei. This is, after all, a work of fiction.

No comments: